Thursday, March 6, 2014

DIY Rustic Earring Holder

I have a lot of dangle earrings that I just didn't have a good spot to keep. I have a jewelry box to keep rings, and stud earrings in that just didn't have a functional spot for these dangles. I've looked on Pinterest and seen ideas where chicken wire, or screening was used with an old frame. However, I had none of that on hand and didn't want to purchase any. It came to me though that an old picture frame that I had painted awhile back when distressed with twine added would be an excellent way to hang the earrings. 

This is what I started out with:
Forgive ugly rag, it's what I had on hand from my next project!!
This old wooden frame donated by my mom (Thanks mom!) I had spray painted black. I thought it looked "too good" so I took a block sander and distressed the corners and edges, which is hard to see in the photo taken in the dark, dungeon craft room!

After adding twine (also from my mom's old craft stash) by hot gluing ends around flat head tacks and hammering them into the back of the frame, here is the finished project. 


Simple, functional and best of all FREE!! 

What do you have in your home you can re purpose into something useful?


No comments:

Post a Comment