Friday, February 22, 2013

A house with a kitchen!

It has been awhile since posting, but I have a good excuse. My husband and I have been working to get old cabinets out of the kitchen and the new ones in! And now they are!! To show you the full extent of my excitement I would like to show you what the kitchen was like when we moved in.

 
So little counter space....so little cabinet space, and you can't see it in the picture but the upper cabinets are actually pulling away from the wall. When we took them down we discovered they were actually pulled out over an inch from the wall!! Which is extra scary because we used these cabinets for about 2 years before removing them!
 
We did a little sprucing up like painting cabinets and walls and trim to make things a little more bearable.
 
And then we took it all out this past month.

 
And put in new floor:
 
And of course new counter tops and cabinets!
 


 
Everything looks fabulous. So much more work space! In the past 2 days I have made 2 loaves of bread my husband's favorite cupcakes and meatloaf with garlic/rosemary roasted potatoes.
 
Couldn't have completed it all with out my little helper :)
 
I have to end my ramble with a shout out to my  in laws. We had a massive winter storm which left us with 17 inches of snow!! During this time they were taking care of our mama cows and babies. Unfortunately we lost one calf to the snow and my generous mother in law housed one in her mud room. Thankfully there was only one lost. But it is still hard. None of us like to see our animals suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment