Saturday, February 2, 2013

Ohhhh Saturday....

Well today is Saturday, and for me just about like any other day really. I stay home home with Emma and hubby is off to the farm. I did get a few things accomplished. I caught up on some much needed cleaning. ( Since Morgan was gone 3 days this week, I felt like I deserved a vacation from the housework too!!) And then I was craving s'mores. I love them, if it was possible to have one for dessert everyday I would. So I thought, I have a pin on pinterest that is a S'more cookie. And it was CALLING my name, saying please make me! So I started. And I only remembered to take a couple of pics with my phone half way through...so forgive me.


Here is the start, so far so good!
And then it all goes horribly wrong.


I don't know about you, but have you ever had a yummy food, cute craft, or other pinterest idea that completely lets you down? Well if I didn't before, I have now....


 
Its a bad picture anyway, but they are NOT supposed to look like that. This is what they are supposed to look like:
Picture from: Baked Perfection
 
I decided that since they spread too much and looked so flat I'd add extra flour not called for, that helped some.
 
 
Still don't look so great, but better than the first pan of cookies for sure.
 
 
Hubby commented: "Well they still taste good babe!" Which I suppose is all that matters.
Now I want to defend myself a little. As I was baking these, husband comes home, decides NOW is the time to take the doors off the kitchen cabinets. Not later, but NOW while I am trying to bake cookies, feed the baby and prep dinner.
 
But I can't complain too much, that means we are one step closer to getting the OLD cabinets out, and the new ones in!! YAY!!
 
Well to end my rambling, I have to say, first attempt at S'more Cookies....FAILED! (by my standard at least!!)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment