Monday, March 18, 2013

Late Planting!

Who was good and got their potatoes in the ground yesterday?? We didn't unfortunately. Of course we had a good excuse, we had been to Colorado for my twin niece and nephew's 8th birthday! They grow too fast!

Hubby did get the ground all tilled up and little one and I are headed out to the farm this afternoon to get them in the ground with the help of MeMaw and Papa, since Daddy has to work...This will be my first garden! I am excited, overwhelmed  and nervous. Hopefully all will go well!

Since we are headed that way MeMaw said she would fry up that chicken that Papa has been asking about and feed us supper! I never object if it keeps me from having to cook :) I did decide that I would whip up an easy dessert to take with us. My original plan was to make some peach cobbler, however hubby "cooked" and ate the peaches I had saved back.

Plan B: Slow cooker Apple Crisp. I searched through some cook books I had on hand and couldn't find the type of recipe I was wanting. So I took this one from allrecipes.com. I used some oatmeal instead of walnuts. One because I had none on hand and two hubby would have had a fit! I didn't measure my oats, just threw in a handful or so...and I used half a lemon squeezed over the apples. I did this because I just had sweet apples on hand and wanted to add in a little more tart.

apples ready for crock pot

here is the topping


every kid needs to play in the Tupperware cabinet right?

ready to go

Easy to put together and even easier to cook! Although it is a bit harder now with our little mischief maker :)

No comments:

Post a Comment